A fact check on Invisalign treatment
‘ A smile doesn’t always stand for a perfect life’, but a smile can always do the wonders as smiling is an infection to be loved by all, and to make this smile a perfect one we need to get treated with Invisalign.
But before getting treated with Invisalign it is necessary for everything you need to know about Invisalign as this treatment can be taken by the adults & teens and it straightens the teeth with more comfortably and predictably.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment to achieve a beautiful & infectious smile. Patients having mild to moderate misalignment can align their bite whereas the patients having the problem of overbite, crossbite, and underbite can also opt for this treatment.
Invisalign treatment is extremely helpful for aesthetic purposes. The best part with Invisalign treatment is it has transparent plastic aligners that are invisible, unlike the traditional braces which are visible to others. Metal is not included and is custom made.
Who can opt for Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment can be taken by teens and adults who face the problems of overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite gap teeth, crowded teeth, and generally straight teeth but want more of a beautiful smile.
How Invisalign works?
The first step will be to meet an orthodontist to examine the teeth and take the x-rays and photographs to discuss for the Invisalign treatment, how much time will be required to get the complete treatment, What will be the cost, Any other medical history, and so on.
Once decided on the treatment an orthodontist will take the impressions of the teeth and plan a customized treatment. The orthodontist will be taking a 3-D digital image of the teeth to map on the different stages for positioning the teeth.
The next step will be to put on the clear plastic aligners. Unlike the metal braces, it won’t cause any kind of irritation or cuts inside the cheek. The best part with this aligners is they can be easily removed while eating, brushing, and flossing the teeth. The patient needs to wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best effect.
For improving the straightening process orthodontist will give a new set of aligners every week based on the treatment. At each stage, teeth will gradually start getting straighter to give a beautiful smile. Sometimes the attachments like ridges are added to the aligners to facilitate the straightening process.
Based on the treatment a check-up is required once in 4 to 6 weeks to check on how the treatment is going or if any alterations are required to be made in the treatment plan. Some patients may be required to wear the retainers at the end of the treatment to lock the teeth in the new position. Retainers are made of techniques & technology like aligners.
During and after treatment it is necessary to maintain proper oral hygiene to keep the smile beautiful. Proper hygiene requires brushing & flossing which must not be avoided in any situation.
How is Invisalign different than braces?
|Aligners are made of clear and transparent plastic hence it is invisible.||Braces are made up of metal which is visible on the opening of the mouth.|
|It is required to be worn 20 to 22 hours a day and can be easily removed.||It is required to be worn all the time.|
|The treatment lasts for 6 to 18 months depending on the treatment.||The treatment lasts for 2 years or depending on the treatment.|
|With Invisalign aligners are removed while eating, brushing, and flossing.||With braces, there is no such option available.|
|Visit for regular check-ups can be scheduled every 8-12 weeks.||Visit for regular check-ups must be scheduled every month.|
|Comfortable treatment as there is no risk of sores in the mouth.||There can be soreness or irritation with the braces.|
|There are no restrictions on eating any kind of foodstuff.||Hard food must be avoided and at times beverages may cause staining.|
|Painless way of moving teeth||usually painful|
While opting for Invisalign treatment there are many benefits involved as compared to traditional braces.
- With Invisalign, there are removable trays that help in the straightening of the teeth instead of brackets which are connected with the wires.
- Invisalign offers a precise painless treatment wherein digital imaging is used for making the trays.
- Invisalign trays are removable hence there is no fear of maintaining oral care as can be easily done with brushing & flossing.
- Invisalign treatment can be opted by the teenagers and adults who can adhere to the rules of this treatment.
The treatment of Invisalign is a customized plan so the cost of Invisalign treatment varies from patient to patient. The final consideration of the treatment depends on the duration and the complexity of the case, the clinic/doctor, and other factors included. However, the cost starts from INR. 75000/ onwards and can go upto INR.275000/
Factors defining the cost are:
- Time is taken for the treatment
- The complexity of the case
- Invisalign provider experience
Pros & cons of Invisalign
- Comfort – Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable to wear as there are no wires & brackets and no fear of nicks or cuts in the mouth.
- Attractive – Invisalign is attractive to the eye with maximum people not knowing about you are wearing it.
- Convenience – Invisalign is convenient to wear without dealing with metal braces.
- Painless – unlike traditional braces, Invisalign Aligners made of smart track material and smart staging technology do not cause pain.
- Removable – Invisalign aligners are easy to remove for eating, cleaning, and flossing and hence helps in better oral hygiene.
- Maintenance – Invisalign requires minimum maintenance and can be freshened using the toothbrush dipped in bleach & water.
- Expensive – Compared to other dental treatments they are slightly expensive
- Wearing – It is compliance-based, so if u don’t wear it, it won’t work as planned.